VoxelMap Mod – is a minimap and worldmap mod that makes a great effort to be accurate to the colors you see in the world (and your resource pack). Display your surroundings, or view the entire (explored) world. Use your mouse to click and drag the world map, and mousewheel to zoom. The mod has useful functionality like per-dimension waypoints, mob icons, teleport to waypoint (if the player has permission), and nether mapping. Optional chunk grid and biome overlay (with biome labels in full screen mode).
VoxelMap Mod Advanced Mod Compability
- Optifine: maybe. Works for me
- AdvancedHUD works if and only if you use the Modloader Version of the minimap.
- Hudini’s fine. With Modloader/Forge version of minimap (should go without saying as Hudini is a Forge mod)
- Ferullo’s Gun mod is mostly fine if you use Modloader version of the minimap
- GunCus is fine if you use Modloader version of the minimap
- MCPatcher yes
- Zombe yes.
- Forge yes (including support for blocks added by Forge mods)
- Don’t allow unicode characters on the controls configuration screen (like Minecraft itself), preventing a crash when attempting to save invalid (for 1.7.10) characters
- Fix so unicode characters chosen as inputs in the controls screen are successfully saved and restored
- Fix for mooshroom and spider jockey icons
- Less likely to hit out of memory errors
- Fix for mods’ mob icons and icons for blocks worn on player/mob heads being broken with shaders mod installed
- Allow voxelmap keys to be bound to mouse buttons (and have them remembered on next load)
- Fix for crash when cached data has a no longer valid biomeID
- Biome labels on the world map (calculated, and displayed, only after visible regions finish loading)
- The end dimension persistent map can now show structures above y level 90
- Regions created with invalid metadata (from before 1.8) will now load in the persistent map in 1.8
- Setting worldmap max zoom to 32x remembered for next session (previously reset to 16x)
- Uses less direct buffer memory, fix for an occasional crash on initialization (for users whose direct buffer memory was all used)
- Fix for rare crash on initialization in the font renderer (NPE)
- Slight reduction in memory and storage space for underground dimensions (10 percent-ish)
- Download the correct installer version of Minecraft Forge
- Run the installer and select ‘install client’
- Download VoxelMap Mod
- Place the mod zip file into the mods folder in .minecraft (if there isn’t a mods folder, create one)
- Run the Minecraft launcher with the Forge profile selected and enjoy the mod!